“As a long-term sponsor of the VCBF, we have been very pleased with our partnership’s success in growing our firm’s brand awareness as a result of the festival touching so many people’s lives in Vancouver every year.”
Michael Job, Vice President, Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd. (2016)
Be a Part of the Next Season!
Festival programming speaks to multiculturalism, the arts, community engagement and to the environment. If your company would like to enrich our communities by engaging with the beautiful Vancouver Cherry Blossom brand, please contact us directly so we can meet to learn all about your company to tailor a sponsorship program to best meet the objectives of your company. Or, adopt the Festival as your “Charity of the Year” through employee contribution of time and donations.
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact:
Linda Poole, Artistic Creative Director & Founder
Why You Should Sponsor the Festival
- Arts & Culture We develop arts and cultural productions and bring together countless professionals, emerging and community artists across different artistic disciplines for memorable collaborations and interactive experiences.
- Community & Diversity The Festival creates a vital community. We build an integrated community by building bridges between communities to promote intercultural understanding.
- Education We engage school literacy programs through our Haiku Invitational program, teaching students about poetry. We teach the general public about our 54 cherry tree cultivars through Tree Talks & Walks and our online Neighbourhood Maps tool helps Vancouverites explore new neighbourhoods. We also educate on the age-old Japanese tradition of Sakura festivals and flower appreciation.
- Environment We actively educate and promote appreciation and stewardship of the environment. To date, our Birthday Blossoms tree-planting program has supported Vancouver’s Greenest City Action Plan and Vancouver Park Board’s Urban Forest Strategy, planting 4,500 ornamental cherry trees across Metro Vancouver.
- Media Coverage Every year VCBF continues to attract positive and extensive international, national and local media coverage and attention to Vancouver and British Columbia during our shoulder months.
- Health & Wellness The Festival inspires people to be outdoors, explore new neighbourhoods by walking and cycling to discover cherry blossoms. Cherry blossoms uplift our spirits by marking the end of winter and the arrival of spring.
- Mentorship Our Festival provides youth with the opportunity to engage in digital marketing, event planning and project management, helping to develop their leadership skills. We are pleased to work closely with the Leaders of Tomorrow program and over 300 passionate volunteers each year.
- Tourism Our Festival brings people from all corners of the world and is ranked by BBC World Travel as “one of the world’s best cherry blossom festivals”. 4Hoteliers gave a global update in 2015 that recognized Vancouver as one of the best places to view cherry blossoms at our Festival.