It’s time to get excited about The Big Picnic! Gather your friends and family from all over and come enjoy the beauty of the cherry blossoms in Yaletown.
The Big Picnic takes place in the spectacular David Lam Park (1300 Pacific Blvd).
- Saturday, April 1, 10:00AM to 4:30PM
The event will feature an opening ceremony that celebrates Japan’s original gift of cherry trees to the city of Vancouver and the Honorable David Lam’s gift of one hundred Akebono cherry trees to his Park as a symbol of friendship. The event will include the Kagami-biraki Ceremony (breaking of the sake barrel) with Consul General Maruyama from the Japanese Consulate General Vancouver.
You can now pre-order a delicious Blossom Bento to enjoy at the event, or visit one of our amazing food truck vendors. Don’t miss out on the amazing local performances and the chance to participate in fun interactive art activities and workshops. Share the love by tagging @vancherryblossomfest and using the hashtage #TheBigPicnic on social media! We highly recommend biking, walking or taking transit to the event.
Let’s create some happy cherry blossom memories together!
The big picnic | April 1, 2023
Enjoy Your Very Own Blossom Bento!
Introducing Blossom Bento – the perfect addition to your Big Picnic experience!
Blossom Bento has been custom prepared for The Big Picnic and is available for pre-order from March 20, 9:00AM to March 30, 9:00AM. Cost is $20 plus applicable fees. Please note that Blossom Bento is only available for sale online and in advance. We are not able to provide on-site sales and there are no refunds for non-pick-up of bento boxes. All sales are final.
View bento contents here.
Choose your pick-up time when ordering online:
- 11:30AM to 12:30 PM
- 12:45PM to 1:45PM
Disco Cheetah offers authentic, creative Korean dishes in Vancouver served FAST! Visit us at our Davie restaurant location or find our Food Truck!
Chickpea offers delicious Plant-Based Comfort Food with a Mediterranean Twist.
Scavenger Coffee is a bicycle-powered mobile craft coffee bar. For lovers of steel bikes, vintage espresso machines and everything handmade.
Explore The Event
Big Picnic Stage Schedule
|11:30AM – 11:55AM||The Big Picnic Opening Ceremonies|
|12:00PM – 12:30PM||Vancouver Okinawa Taiko 🥁|
|1:00PM – 1:45PM||Zimbamoto 🎶|
|2:15PM – 3:00PM||Serengeti 🎶|
|3:30PM – 4:30PM||Raincity 🎶|
Cherry Grove Stage Schedule
|10:00AM – 11:00AM||Yoga with Carolyn Anne Budgell 🧘♀️ (Note: the yoga session will be hosted on the grass in the park, rather than on the stage)|
|12:20PM – 1:00PM||DJ ICE B and Double Dutch 🎶|
|1:45PM – 2:15PM||Now or Never Crew 🕺|
|3:00PM – 3:30PM||Now or Never Crew 🕺|
We’re excited to announce that the haiku exhibition will be returning to its familiar spot in Yaletown, just like last year. And this year, we’ll also be celebrating the winner of the 2022 haiku competition! Don’t miss out on this beautiful display of poetry and art.
How to Prepare Yourself for the Event
- Check the weather: Before you start preparing for the picnic, make sure to check the weather forecast. This will help you decide what kind of clothes to wear and what items to bring.
- Plan your menu: We offer Blossom Bento pre-order only, and there are several food trucks on-site that you can check out. You can also bring your own food as well!
- Choose the perfect spot: Look for the perfect spot to set up your picnic. Consider a location that has shade, is near the stage for the performances, and has a view of the cherry trees.
- Bring picnic essentials: Don’t forget to bring essential items such as a picnic blanket.
- Respect the environment: Make sure to dispose of your trash properly and respect the environment. Consider bringing reusable plates and utensils to reduce waste.
- Have fun: Finally, enjoy the event and have fun with your family and friends! Meet new people, enjoy the performances, and cherish the beautiful cherry blossoms in the heart of Yaletown. Don’t forget to tag @vancherryblossomfest and #VanCherryBlossomFest on your social media posts! Remember, there’s “no stranger under the cherry tree.”
If you have general event questions, please contact [email protected] or connect with us through social media.
Thank You, Sponsors!
Programs subject to change.
All event titles are protected trademarks of the Festival