Sakura Days Japan Fair celebrates all things Japan – from Japanese food, drink and performances, to music and art. Join us and immerse yourself in Japanese culture – participate in a traditional tea ceremony, try Japanese festival food, sample premium sake, learn new Japanese games, and enjoy a range of cultural performances. Discover a wide variety of vendors and exhibitors featuring local Japanese food, crafts, and businesses.
Most activities will take place out of doors, with select vendors, tea ceremony, and curated experiences that will take place indoors. Look forward to taiko drumming, theatre performances, woodworking demonstrations, and a renewed Japanese Garden display, just to name a few!
Looking forward to seeing you at this year’s Sakura Days Japan Fair!
JOIN THE FESTIVITIES AND CELEBRATE JAPANESE TRADITION
Get Your Sakura Days Japan Fair Tickets Today!
Event tickets are on sale March 14, 2023.
Terms and Conditions
Sakura Days Japan Fair takes place in the spectacular VanDusen Botanical Garden (5251 Oak Street).
- Saturday, April 15, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Sunday, April 16, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tag Us On Social Media!
We would love to see your photos and posts from the upcoming Sakura Days Japan Fair and Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival! Please remember to tag us @japanfair and @vancherryblossomfest on your social media posts, and use the hashtags #SDJF #VanCherryBlossomFest to help us find and share your content. We can’t wait to see your experiences at the event!
What’s New This Year?
With last year’s overwhelming response and record crowds, we’ve made changes to this year’s event to make it the most enjoyable experience possible.
There will be double the amount of food trucks and vendors at this year’s event as well as additional staffing to bring all attendees into the venue as quickly as possible.
|Senior (ages 65+) / Youth (ages 13-18)||$14.40|
|Children (ages 5-12)||$6.60|
|VBGA Adult Member*||$12.00|
|VBGA Senior/Youth Member*||$10.80|
|VBGA Child Member*||$4.80|
|VBGA Family Member*||$26.40|
In an effort to reduce the long lineups experienced last year, we are introducing Timed Ticket Entry for the start of each day. Tickets are purchased for the Saturday and/or the Sunday event. Tickets can not be exchanged for the other day and there are no refunds. All purchases are final.
Here are the following entry time periods that can be purchased online:
- 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM (Sat) or 5:00 PM (Sun)—Entry must be at least ONE (1) hour before the event ends.
Please do not lineup more than 15 min ahead of your Timed Ticket Entry.
In addition to the Main Entry Gate at the main entrance to VanDusen off Oak Street, we are introducing a second alternate entry at West Entry Gate located on the west side of the garden’s parking lot. Any Customer Service or Box Office questions will be managed at the Main Entry Gate.
Please contact [email protected] with any ticket purchasing questions including group ticket sales (10 or more regularly priced Adult tickets). Disabled patrons traveling with attendants or children under 4 years of age are admitted free of charge. Please see the on-site box office team at the Main Entry Gate.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before purchasing your tickets.
Explore The Event
Click here to open the Sakura Days Japan Fair site map!
How to Prepare Yourself for the Event
- The event is rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- There is limited outdoor seating. You may wish to bring a blanket to picnic on.
- There is no stroller parking. Please be prepared to use your stroller for the day.
- Parking is very limited. We strongly encourage using public transit, walking, or biking. VanDusen Garden is located on the #17 Oak bus route and is a 15-minute walk from the Oakridge Canada Line station. Once the VanDusen lot is full, parking is limited to the surrounding neighbourhood streets. Plan ahead so you do not miss your timed ticket window.
- There is no bicycle valet, but there will be a limited number of unattended bicycle racks.
- Passenger drop off zone is located off Oak Street.
- Please have your tickets ready on your mobile device or printed out for scanning upon arrival. Turn up your screen brightness!
- Visitors must arrive within their designated entry ticket slot. Please do not lineup more than 15 min ahead of your Timed Ticket Entry. Entry must be at least ONE (1) hour before the event end.
- VBGA Members are required to show their valid membership card for scanning with their tickets.
- Leave pets at home. Working guide and service dogs are welcome.
- This event is wheelchair accessible.
- Masks are encouraged for indoor activities taking place in smaller rooms.
- Come hungry! There are plenty of food vendors on site. Visit vcbf.ca for additional event details.
- Many vendors are cash only.
- Have fun & snap some photos – don’t forget to use @japanfair and @vancherryblossomfest on your social media posts, and use the hashtags #VanCherryBlossomFest #SDJF to tag us in your posts!
If you have general event questions, please contact [email protected] or connect with us through social media. For any ticketing questions, please email [email protected].
Thank You, Sponsors!
The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival is delighted to present Sakura Days Japan Fair in partnership with the Japan Fair Association of Vancouver (JFAV), the all-volunteer organizing committee of this two-day event.
Programs subject to change.
All event titles are protected trademarks of the Festival